ANTALYA FILM FORUM PROJECTS LOOKING FOR PRODUCERS PLATFORM: SCRIPT DEVELOPMENT AND PROJECT DESIGN
(September 30 - October 3, 2018)
ABOUT THE PLATFORM
The Projects Looking For Producers Platform is a venue where screenwriters or directors who have written their own scripts will present their scripts in front of the jury, and where projects can meet prospective producers. For the current year, the platform will be open to projects applying from Turkey only. Feature films with a minimum running time of 60 minutes are eligible to apply.
The objectives of the Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform are to:
- Provide an environment in which projects by screenwriters and directors from Turkey can be discovered, reviewed, and meet prospective producers,
- Create and sustain a synergetic collaboration between screenwriters and producers, and support the realization of the projects,
- Support feature films from Turkey at the writing phase, and
- Bring screenwriters together with industry professionals from Turkey and around the world to enable them to develop their projects in the best possible way, in accordance with world standards.
The Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform Award will be awarded to two feature film scripts. The awards will be presented at the Antalya Film Forum, to be held between September 30 - October 3, 2018.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
Application Deadline: Monday, August 6, 2018
Announcement of Jury and Projects Selected for the Script Development and Project Design Platform: Monday, August 27, 2018
Announcement of Winners (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Wednesday, October 3, 2018
1) Applicants must complete their applications for the Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform by filling out the online application form on the Antalya Film Forum section of the International Antalya Film Festival website by Monday, August 6, 2018 until the end of business hours (17:00) (You can access the application form on the website.)
2) Projects that have been selected for the Projects Looking For Producers Platform must submit the documents specified in Appendix 1 in Turkish and English. The information in these documents will be included in the 2018 Antalya Film Forum catalog.
3) Only feature film projects that have not previously won any awards at a co-production and project development platform in Turkey, and whose majority co-producers are form Turkey are eligible to apply. Screenwriters can apply for the Projects Looking For Producers Platform with fiction, documentary, animated and experimental film projects.
4) The Antalya Film Forum Advisory Committee will select 5 to 15 projects to be invited for the Projects Looking For Producers Platform.
5) The selected projects will be announced on the Antalya Film Forum section of the International Antalya Film Festival website by Monday, August 27, 2018.
6) The Antalya Film Forum will cover the accommodation expenses of the directors and screenwriters of the selected projects (Two persons representing the project: Screenwriter and/or director) for five days between September 29 - October 3, 2018 in Antalya, as well as their two-way travel expenses to Antalya from any city in Turkey. The project owners will represent their projects by attending the conversations to be specified by the Forum, the Antalya Film Forum award ceremony, special media interviews and press meetings.
7) The screenwriters for the selected projects must attend the Projects Looking For Producers Platform presentations. In the case that the screenwriter is not present at the presentations, the selected project will be ineligible for any awards.
8) The selected projects will meet prospective producers in one-on-one meetings to be arranged throughout the Antalya Film Forum to work on the development of their projects.
9) The screenwriters of the selected projects will deliver their presentations in private sessions to the jury only, without the attendance of accredited guests and professionals.
10) The Projects Looking For Producers Platform Jury will consist of a total of 3 internationally renowned producers, screenwriters and dramaturges with extensive expertise in their fields.
11) The presentations will be delivered in English. If the screenwriter is to present in Turkish, they are responsible from providing English translation. If another person is to deliver the English presentation, the Antalya Film Forum will not cover their travel and accommodation expenses.
12) The Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform Award will be awarded to two projects among the finalists to be selected by the Projects Looking For Producers Platform Jury.
13) The awards will be announced at the Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
14) The prize money will be shared equally between the screenwriter and the producer.
15) For additional awards, a separate protocol will be signed between the company sponsoring the award and the winning project.
16) The Jury cannot divide the Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform Award. For each instance of the award, a single project must be selected.
17) The Jury is obligated not to make any spoken or written declarations regarding the award and the applying projects until the announcement of the awards.
18) The total prize money of 50.000 Turkish Liras will be shared between the screenwriter and the producer, with 25.000 Turkish Liras to be paid to the screenwriter and 25.000 Turkish Liras to be paid to the producer.
19) If a winning project signs with a producer within three months, the remaining 25.000Turkish Liras of the prize money will be paid to the producer for the development of the project.
20) The screenwriters for the winning projects will be awarded a monetary prize of 25,000 Turkish Liras and an award certificate.
21) For the producer of a winning project to receive the specified prize, they must present an agreement signed between the screenwriter and the producer to the Antalya Film Forum Director. The payment will be made upon the approval of the agreement by the Antalya Film Forum Director.
22) The Antalya Film Forum Management reserves the right to not present the award or postpone the award in the case of incompliance with its criteria.
23) If an extension is required, a written request should be submitted to the Antalya Film Forum management.
24) Taxes and other deductions are the responsibility of the Antalya Metropolitan Municipality.
COMMITMENT AND AUTHORITY
25) Winning projects of the Projects Looking For Producers Platform are responsible from specifying the award they have won, along with the International Antalya Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum logos, in the opening and closing credits of their film, their press releases and newspaper advertisements, and all publicity material related to their film.
26) Screenwriters of the Projects Looking For Producers Platform Award winning projects are responsible from submitting a monthly status report regarding the latest developments in their projects to the Antalya Film Forum management.
27) By applying for the Antalya Film Forum Projects Looking For Producers Platform, the applying projects commit to abide by the requirements specified in the regulations.
28) The Forum Management reserves discretion to decide on matters not specified in the regulations.
Documents Required For Online Application For The Projects Looking For Producers Platform
1. Application Form
2. Motivation letter (2000 characters with spaces maximum) (Turkish/English)
3. Short synopsis (One paragraph maximum. Turkish: 800 characters with spaces - English: 900 characters with spaces maximum.)
4. Script (if applicable)
5. Treatment (10 pages maximum) (Turkish/English)
6. Screenwriter’s biography and filmography (1000 characters with spaces each, with film titles specified in Turkish and English) (Turkish / English)
7. Director’s biography and filmography, if applicable (1000 characters with spaces each, with film titles specified in Turkish and English) (Turkish / English)
8. Visual presentation and/or storyboard (if applicable)
9. Project reference photograph
10. Alternative portraits of the screenwriter and director (if applicable) (in 300 dpi resolution)