ANTALYA FILM FORUM SHORT FILM WORK IN PROGRESS PLATFORM
(September 30 - October 3, 2018)
A) ABOUT THE SHORT FILM WORK IN PROGRESS PLATFORM
The Short Film Work In Progress Platform aims to bring short film directors and producers together with industry professionals and festivals from Turkey and around the world, and support their production.
• Provide a venue where short film directors and producers can meet the film industry
• Provide support for short film projects in progress
• Bring short film directors and producers together with industry professionals and provide the necessary platform for the completion of their projects in world standards
• Promote short film projects and help them receive moral and material support from expert producers to enhance the screening potential of their films.
The Antalya Film Forum Short Film Work in Progress Award will be awarded to a short film in the post-production stage. The winner will be announced at the Antalya Film Forum, to be held between September 30 - October 3, 2018.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION
The 2018 Antalya Film Forum will be hosting a Short Film Work In Progress (Production Stage) Platform, open only to projects from Turkey. Short film projects from Turkey with a maximum running time of 20 minutes are eligible to apply. Important dates for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform have been specified below.
Application Deadline: Monday, August 6, 2018
Announcement of Projects Selected for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform and Jury Members: Monday, August 27, 2018
Announcement of Winners (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Wednesday, October 3, 2018
1) Producers intending to participate in the Antalya Film Forum Short Film Work In Progress Platform must complete their official application by filling out the online application form on the Antalya Film Forum section of the International Antalya Film Festival website by the end of business hours on Monday, August 6, 2018. (You can access the application form on the website.)
2) Projects applying to participate in the Short Film Work In Progress Platform must submit all documents specified in Appendix 1 in Turkish and English at the time of online application. These documents will be included in the 2018 Antalya Film Forum catalog in the case that the project is selected for the platform.
3) Short films produced in Turkey are eligible to apply for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform. Projects awarded post-production support by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism Cinema Support Council or other film funds around the world are not eligible for the Work in Progress Platform. In addition to fiction film projects, producers can also apply for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform with creative documentary, experimental and animated feature film projects intended for theatrical release.
4) Projects applying for the Short Film Work in Progress Platform must fulfill the criteria below:
a) Applying projects must have completed at least 50% of their filming, or be in the post-production stage. Projects whose filming is underway at the time of application must finish filming by the start of Antalya Film Forum, on September 30, 2018.
b) Projects that have had their first screening are not eligible for the Short Film Work in Progress Platform.
c) If the project applying for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform is a co-production, the producer must be subject to the laws of the Republic of Turkey as a legal person and reside in Turkey, and the coproduction must comply with the European Convention on Cinematograpic Co-Production.
5) The Antalya Film Forum Advisory Committee will select at least five projects to be invited for the Short Film Work in Progress Platform.
6) Selected projects will be announced on the Antalya Film Forum section of the International Antalya Film Festival website by Monday, August 27, 2018.
7) The Antalya Film Forum will cover the accommodation expenses of the producer and director of the selected projects for five days between September 29 - October 3, 2018 in Antalya, and provide two-way flight tickets to Antalya from any city in Turkey. If the project has more than one producer, the Antalya Film Forum will cover the accommodation and travel expenses of only one producer. The invited project team will attend the conversations to be specified by Antalya Film Forum, the Antalya Film Forum award ceremony, special media interviews and press meetings to represent their project.
8) The project owners of the selected projects (at least one among the director and the producer) must attend the Short Film Work in Progress Platform. In the case that the director or producer is unable to attend the Short Film Work in Progress Platform, the selected project cannot qualify for any awards.
9) The Forum management reserves the right to disqualify projects that do not comply with the regulations at any time.
10) The producer or director of each selected project will present their projects with accredited Forum guests and professionals in attendance.
11) For screening at the Short Film Work in Progress Platform, the Vimeo link and password for a preliminary edit that provides a preview of the story and cinematography of the film must be provided. The edit must consist of a maximum of 3 scenes from the film, with a maximum total duration of 3 minutes, and must have English subtitles. Videos consisting of more than 3 scenes and extensive editing will not be accepted.
12) The sound and/or color correction/editing for the scenes in the submitted video are not required to be final.
13) The Short Film Work In Progress Platform jury will consist of festival directors, programmers, producers and directors from Turkey and around the world with extensive expertise in their respective fields.
14) Presentations will be delivered in English. If the producer or director prefer to present their project in Turkish, the producer is responsible from providing English translation. In the case that another person is to deliver the English presentation, the travel and accommodation expenses of the translator/presenter will not be covered by the Forum.
15) One project to be selected among the projects participating in the Short Film Work in Progress Platform will be awarded the “Short Film Work in Progress Platform Award” by the Work in Progress Platform Jury, with a monetary prize of 5,500 TL and an award certificate.
16) The winner will be announced at the Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony on Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
17) The monetary prize is specified as a net amount, and will be paid to the applicant in two instalments. The first installment will be paid following the presentation of the award, and the second installment will be paid upon submission of the completed screenplay for the project to the Antalya Film Festival. The screenplay must be submitted by December 20, 2018. Taxes and other legal deductions rest with the Antalya Metropolitan Municipality.
18) For additional awards, a separate protocol will be signed between the company sponsoring the award and the winning project.
19) Producers of the projects selected for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform are responsible from specifying the award they have received in the opening and closing title sequences of their films, their press releases and newspaper advertisements, and all promotion material related to their film, with the logo of the International Antalya Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum.
20) The producer of the project winning the Short Film Work In Progress Platform Award is responsible from submitting a monthly status report regarding the developments in the project to the Antalya Film Forum Director.
21) The Jury cannot divide the Short Film Work In Progress Platform Award. The award will be presented to a single project.
22) The Jury is obligated not to make any spoken or written declarations regarding the award and the applying projects until the announcement of the awards.
I) GENERAL PROVISIONS
1) All producers participating in the Pitching Platform, Documentary Pitching Platform or Work in Progress Platform are assumed to be in compliance with these regulations.
2) The Antalya Film Forum management reserves discretion to decide and make changes with regard to all other provisions not specified in this list of regulations.
3) This list of regulations is effective as of July 2, 2018 with the approval of the Festival Management.
Documents required for online application for the Short Film Work in Progress Platform:
1. Application form
2. The Vimeo link and password for a preliminary edit that provides a preview of the story and cinematography of the film. The edit must consist of a maximum of 3 scenes from the film, and must have a maximum duration of 3 minutes. (Videos consisting of more than 3 scenes and extensive editing will not be accepted.)
3. Short synopsis (One paragraph at maximum, 800 characters with spaces in Turkish, 900 characters with spaces in English)
4. Director’s Statement (2000 characters with spaces maximum) (English / Turkish)
5. Biographies and filmographies of the director, producer and writer (1000 characters with spaces per biography and filmography at maximum, with film titles specified in Turkish and English) (Turkish / English)
6. Financing plan and strategy (Turkish / English)
7. Budget summary (Turkish / English)
8. Visual material, moodbook and location photos for the project (At least three, in 300 dpi resolution)
9. (If applicable) Copies of previous films by the director (Online with password)
10. (If applicable) Alternative portraits of the director, producer and screenwriter (in 300 dpi resolution)
11. Films selected as finalists for the Short Film Work In Progress Platform will be screened in 1920X1080 25p. If your film is 16:9, the file should be rendered in 1920X1080. If your film is anamorphic or widescreen, the file should be rendered according to proportions (i.e. 21:9), without adding black bars.