Documentaries Work-in-Progress Platform
The Documentaries Work-in-Progress Platform will be held from October 2-6, 2022 as part of the Antalya film Forum. The platform is open to documentary projects submitted from Turkey.
The Antalya Film Forum will take place this year from October 2-4, 2022 in Antalya, and online from October 4-6, 2022.
Key Dates for the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform are as follows:
Final Submission Deadline: Monday, August 8, 2022
Announcement of Selected Projects: Monday, September 5, 2022
Announcement of Awards (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Tuesday, October 4, 2022
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) The deadline for submissions to the Antalya Film Forum Documentaries Work in Progress Platform is Monday, August 8, 2022. Submissions should be made by filling out the online application form at https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2022.
2) Submissions to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform should include the materials listed below, in both Turkish and English, along with the online application. The materials will be considered by the Antalya Film Forum Preselection Committee.
3) Only documentary projects are eligible to apply to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform. Projects submitted to previous editions of the Antalya Film Forum Documentaries Work in Progress Platform may not re-apply.
4) Projects submitted to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform must comply with the following criteria:
- Projects must have completed at least 70 percent of their shooting schedule or be in postproduction.
- Projects that have premiered in a public setting may not apply to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform.
- In the case of co-productions applying to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform, the lead producer, or at least one of the co-production companies must be registered in the Republic of Turkey.
- Projects to applying to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform must be from Turkey and have a running time of at least 40 minutes.
5) The Antalya Film Forum Preselection Committee will select at most five projects from among the entries submitted to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform.
6) The selected projects will be published on the Antalya Film Forum page of the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival website on Monday, September 5, 2022.
7) The producer or director attached to any selected project is required to attend the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform. In the event that the producer or director fails to attend the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform, the selected project will be disqualified from receiving an award.
8) The Antalya Film Forum management reserves the right to disqualify projects from the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform should they fail to comply with the regulations.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
1) Online Application Form (https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2022)
2) Synopsis (1 page maximum, Turkish and English)
3) Treatment (7 pages maximum, Turkish and English)
4) Director’s Statement (1 page maximum, Turkish and English)
5) Producer’s Statement (including audience targets and distribution plan, 2 pages maximum, Turkish and English)
6) Director, producer and screenwriter’s biography, filmography (1 page maximum for each, Turkish and English) and photographs
7) Financing Plan (Turkish and English)
8) Screening link to a 15-minute excerpt of the project, subtitled in English (Video should include 2 different scenes maximum 8 minute length that gives an idea regarding to the story and cinematography of the film.)
9) Visual material, mood board
10) Screening link, and password, to the director’s previous films (if applicable), subtitled in English
The producer and director attached to selected projects are required to make their pitching video (8 minutes maximum) themselves. If unable to make their pitch in English, they should submit their video with English subtitles.
As well as being part of the presentation to the Jury and accredited industry professionals in Antalya on October 2 and 3, the pitching videos will also be shared with accredited international guests on Festival Scope as part of the online Forum event taking place from October 4.
Following the presentation in Antalya, project representatives will have a 7-minute Q and A session with the Jury. The length of the Q and A may vary according to the length of the pitching videos. In total, each project will be allocated a slot of 15 minutes.
One-on-one meetings will be held physically in Antalya on October 4, and virtually from October 6.
1) The Documentaries Work in Progress Platform Jury will comprise local and international industry professionals such as directors, producers, screenwriters, distributors, film fund directors, television executives and sales agents.
2) Two projects pitching at the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform will be chosen by the Jury to receive the Documentaries Work in Progress Award. Each award is worth TL 40 thousand and comes with an award certificate.
3) Cash prizes will be paid net of taxes by December 31, 2022.
4) The awards will be announced at the Antalya Film Forum closing ceremony on Tuesday, October 4, 2022.
5) The producers of award-winning projects at the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform are required to use the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum logos in the film’s credits, as well as in all press releases, newspaper advertisements and related promotional material.
6) The Jury may not split the Antalya Film Forum Documentaries Work in Progress Platform Awards.
7) The Jury undertakes to make no written or verbal statement about the awards and/or projects submitted to the platform for the duration of the Antalya Film Forum until the awards are announced.
1) All producers applying to the Documentaries Work in Progress Platform are deemed to consent to the provisions set out in these regulations.
2) In other matters not specified in these regulations, discretion and the right of amendment lie with the Antalya Film Forum.
3) These regulations have been approved by the Festival Management and are effective as of July 4, 2022.
4) Management of the Antalya Film Forum reserves the right to make amendments to the regulations if and when considered necessary.