Series / Short Series Pitching Platform
The Series / Short Series Pitching Platform will be held as part of the Antalya Film Forum from October 2-6, 2022. The platform is open to projects submitted from Turkey.
The Antalya will take place this year from October 2-4, 2022 in Antalya, and online from October 4-6, 2022.
The five original projects shortlisted for the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform will be presented to a panel of national and international industry professionals. Now in its third year, the Series /Short Series Platform seeks to support the creators and producers behind projects that have been developed for digital platforms, and in so doing to bring new talent to the fast-growing international series sector, as well as to contribute to the development of original, creative content.
Series: Fictional content presented in 3-10 episodes, each episode 30-60 minutes in length, all episodes sharing the same characters, theme and/or storyline; the finale of which may complete the story in a single season or be left open-ended to allow for further seasons.
Short Series: Fictional content presented in 3-10 episodes, each episode 10-30 minutes in length, all episodes sharing the same characters, theme and/or storyline; the finale of which may complete the story in a single season or be left open-ended to allow for further seasons.
Key Dates for the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are as follows:
Final Submission Deadline: Thursday, August 11, 2022
Announcement of Selected Projects: Monday, September 5, 2022
Announcement of Awards (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Tuesday, October 4, 2022
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) The deadline for submissions to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform is Thursday, August 11, 2022. Submissions should be made by filling out the online application form at https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2022.
2) Submissions to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform should include the materials listed below, in both Turkish and English, along with the online application. The materials will be considered by the Antalya Film Forum Preselection Committee.
3) Only series or short series projects are eligible to apply to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform. Projects submitted to previous editions of the Antalya Film Forum may not re-apply.
4) Projects submitted to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform must comply with the following criteria:
- Projects must be suitable for a national and/or international co-production.
- Submissions may only be made through a production company.
- Any one production company may only make a single submission.
- Only projects in development are eligible to apply to the Series / Short Series Platform. Projects that have already begun shooting may not be submitted. Selected projects must not have begun shooting before Tuesday, October 4, 2022, the date of the Antalya Film forum closing ceremony.
- In the case of co-productions applying to the Series / Short Series Platform, the lead producer or at least one of the co-production companies must be registered in the Republic of Turkey.
5) Antalya Film Forum Pre-Selection Committee consisting of 3 industry professionals will select at most five projects from among the entries submitted to the Series / Short Series Platform.
6) The selected projects will be published on the Antalya Film Forum page of the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival website on Monday, September 5, 2022.
7) At least one member of the creative team attached to a selected project is required to attend all meetings at the Series / Short Series Platform. In the event that no one from the creative team attends the Series / Short Series Platform, the selected project will be disqualified from receiving an award.
8) The Antalya Film Forum management reserves the right to disqualify projects from the Series / Short Series Platform should they fail to comply with the regulations.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
1) Application Form (https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2022)
2) Logline (300 character maximum, Turkish and English)
3) Pilot episode synopsis (1 page maximum, Turkish and English)
4) Season outline (5 pages maximum, Turkish and English)
5) First 7 pages of pilot episode script (Turkish and English)
6) Creative team’s statement (2 pages maximum, Turkish and English)
7) Project bible (including season synopsis [1 page maximum], episode summaries, character descriptions and visual materials, Turkish and English)
8) Director, producer and screenwriter’s biography, (if available) filmography and links (1 page maximum for each, Turkish and English)
9) Draft budget (Turkish and English)
The producer and director attached to selected projects are required to make their pitching video (8 minutes maximum) themselves. If unable to make their pitch in English, they should submit their video with English subtitles.
As well as being part of the presentation to the Jury and accredited industry professionals in Antalya on October 2 and 3, the pitching videos will also be shared with accredited international guests on Festival Scope as part of the online Forum event taking place from October 4.
Following the presentation in Antalya, project representatives will have a 7-minute Q and A session with the Jury. The length of the Q and A may vary according to the length of the pitching videos. In total, each project will be allocated a slot of 15 minutes.
One-on-one meetings will be held physically in Antalya on October 4, and virtually from October 6.
- The platform’s main award for project development will be given by NETFLIX Turkey. Netflix Grow Creative Project Development Support includes a cash prize of TL 100 thousand and free accreditation to the Netflix Turkey Series Project Development Workshop.
- Special prizes awarded by other sponsors will be announced in due course.
- Cash prizes will be paid net of taxes by December 31, 2022.
- The awards will be announced at the Antalya Film Forum closing ceremony on Tuesday, October 4, 2022.
- The Series / Short Series Platform Jury will be consisting of 3 industry professionals such as directors, producers, screenwriters, distributors, film fund directors, television executives and sales agents.
- The producers of award-winning projects at the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are required to use the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum logos in the end credits of every episode, as well as in all press releases, newspaper advertisements and related promotional material.
- The producers of award-winning projects at the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are required to submit a status report on the project to the Antalya Film Forum, by email, every six months.
- The Jury may not split the Antalya Film Forum Series / Short Series Pitching Platform awards.
- The Jury undertakes to make no written or verbal statement about the awards and/or projects submitted to the platform for the duration of the Antalya Film Forum until the awards are announced.
1) Participant accepts that by entering into the Competition, if Participant is selected by the Antalya Film Forum Preselection Committee for publication on the Antalya Film Forum page and then selected as the winner, Participant is agreeing all rights to the content of Participant's submission, pitch, and other related materials will be held in abeyance for one (1) year, which begins with the Participant’s completion of the Netflix Turkey Series Project Development Workshop, and Participant is granting Netflix a first right of refusal to develop or purchase the content and rights with respect to such Submission, and to the extent Netflix exercises such first right of refusal, Participant and Netflix shall enter into a separate agreement, which shall be subject to the terms of Netflix's standard development agreement.
2) Participant guarantees and warrant that Participant has the authority and legal capacity to participate in the Competition and that the Submission is Participant’s own, original creation (including ideas, concepts and materials) which have not before submission to the Competition been exploited or subject of transfer, license or other exploitation by Participant or to a third party.
3) Participant warrants not to grant any rights to a third party in and to the Submission during the selection process in the Competition. The obligation under this section shall terminate upon (i) AFF notifying Participant that the Submission will not be published on the Antalya Film Forum page; (ii) if the Submission is selected publication on the Antalya Film Forum page, but not selected as the winner; or (iii) if Participant is the winner, at the expiry of the grant of rights to according to section 1 above.
4) Participant guarantees that the Submission will not (i) infringe the rights of Netflix or third parties, or constitute libel or defamation, including but not limited to IP Rights or rights in relation to the protection of privacy, (ii) be contrary to any current legislation or regulations, (iii) be contrary to any provision in these regulations (iv) be obscene, discriminatory, hateful or racially or ethnically offensive. Further, Participant guarantees that there is no pending or threatened litigation or claim against the Submission.
5) All producers applying to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are deemed to consent to the provisions set out in these regulations.
6) In other matters not specified in these regulations, discretion and the right of amendment lie with the Antalya Film Forum.
7) These regulations have been approved by the Festival Management and are effective as of July 18, 2022.
8) Management of the Antalya Film Forum reserves the right to make amendments to the regulations as and when considered necessary.