Series / Short Series Pitching Platform
Series / Short Series Pitching Platform will be organized as part of the Antalya Film Forum to be held during the 60th Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival, between October 8-12, 2023. The platform is open to series and short series projects from Türkiye.
The Antalya Film Forum will take place physically in Antalya between October 8-10, 2023, and online between October 10-12, 2023.
The five original projects shortlisted for the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform will be presented to a panel of national and international industry professionals. The Series /Short Series Pitching Platform seeks to support the creators and producers behind projects that have been developed for digital platforms, and in so doing to bring new talent to the fast- growing national and international series sector, as well as to contribute to the development of original, creative content.
Series: Fictional content presented in 3-10 episodes, each episode 30-60 minutes in length, all episodes sharing the same characters, theme and/or storyline; the finale of which may complete the story in a single season or be left open-ended to allow for further seasons.
Short Series: Fictional content presented in 3-10 episodes, each episode 10-30 minutes in length, all episodes sharing the same characters, theme and/or storyline; the finale of which may complete the story in a single season or be left open-ended to allow for further seasons.
The dates for the Pitching for Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are as follows:
Final Application Date: Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Announcement of Selected Projects: Monday, September 11, 2023
Announcement of Awards (Antalya Film Forum Closing Ceremony): Tuesday, October 10, 2023
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) The deadline for submissions to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform is Wednesday, August 9, 2023. Submissions should be made by filling out the online application form at https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2023.
2) Projects applying to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform should submit the documents listed below in both Turkish and English in PDF format. The submitted documents will be evaluated by the Antalya Film Forum Selection Committee.
3) Only series or short series projects are eligible to apply to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform. Projects submitted to previous editions of the Antalya Film Forum may not re-apply.
4) A production company can apply to different platforms with different projects. It cannot apply to the same platform with more than one project. A project can only be submitted to one platform.
5) Projects applying to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform must comply with the following principles:
- Projects must be suitable for a national and/or international co-production.
- Submissions may only be made through a production company.
- Only projects in development are eligible to apply to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform. Projects that have already begun shooting may not be submitted. Selected projects must not have begun shooting before Tuesday, October 10, 2023, the date of the Antalya Film forum closing ceremony.
- For projects applying to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform as a co- production, it is required that at least one of the main producer or co-producer companies be registered in Türkiye.
6) The Antalya Film Forum Selection Committee selects up to 5 projects from the applicant projects to participate in the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform.
7) The selected projects will be published on the Antalya Film Forum page of the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival website on Monday, September 11, 2023.
8) It is mandatory for at least one member of the creative team attached to a selected project to attend all physical and online meetings of the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform. If no one from the creative team can attend the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform, the selected project cannot be nominated for the awards.
9) The Forum Management has the right to remove projects that do not comply with the regulation conditions from the platform.
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS
1) Application Form (https://vp.eventival.com/antalyaff/forum-2023)
2) Logline (500 character maximum, Turkish and English)
3) Pilot episode synopsis (1 page maximum, PDF, Turkish and English)
4) Season outline (5 pages maximum, PDF, Turkish and English)
5) First 7 pages of the pilot episode script (PDF, Turkish and English)
6) Creative team’s statement (2 pages maximum, PDF, Turkish and English)
7) Project bible (including season synopsis, episode summaries, character descriptions and visual materials, PDF, Turkish and English)
8) Director, producer and screenwriter’s biography, (if available) filmography and links (1 page maximum for each, PDF, Turkish and English)
9) Season draft budget TL/ EUR (PDF, Turkish and English)
Each selected project will have a total of 10 minutes for presentation and Q&A in Antalya. Presentation videos should be prepared as a maximum of 5 minutes. The time allocated for Q&A may vary depending on the length of the presentation video.
The presentations will be pre-recorded as videos by the project owners and shared with the Forum team. The dates for the preparation and submission of video presentations to the selected projects will be communicated separately. The creative team of each selected project will prepare the presentation videos themselves. Online training will be provided to project owners before preparing the presentations. Those who cannot prepare their presentation videos in English should submit them with English subtitles.
Video presentations will be a part of the presentation to be made to the jury and accredited industry professionals in Antalya on October 8 and 9, as well as being shared with online accredited guests via Festival Scope as part of the Forum's ongoing online event starting from October 10.
One-on-one meetings will be held physically in Antalya on October 8, 9, and 10, and online from October 12.
- The platform’s main award for project development will be given by NETFLIX. Netflix Grow Creative Project Development Support includes a cash prize of TL 150 thousand.
- A project chosen by the Netflix team in the Series/Short Series Pitching Platform will be awarded the Netflix Series-Lab Program Participation Award.
- Special prizes awarded by other sponsors will be announced in due course.
- Monetary awards are net and will be paid by December 31, 2023.
- The project deemed eligible to receive the Netflix Grow Creative Project Development Support will be considered to have granted Netflix the first right of refusal for the project.
- The jury of Series / Short Series Pitching Platform consists of industry professionals such as foreign and local directors, producers, screenwriters, distributors, film fund managers, television channel managers, and sales company representatives, who are experts in their fields.
- The producers of award-winning projects at the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are required to use the Antalya Golden Orange Film Festival and Antalya Film Forum logos in the packshot of every episode, as well as in all press releases, newspaper advertisements and related promotional material.
- Producers of award-winning projects in the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are obliged to send a status report every six months to the e-mail address of the Antalya Film Forum regarding developments in their projects.
- The Jury may not split the Antalya Film Forum Series / Short Series Pitching Platform awards.
- The jury fulfills its obligation not to make any written or verbal statements about the projects applying to the platform and the award until the awards are announced during the forum.
1) All producers applying to the Series / Short Series Pitching Platform are considered to have accepted the matters specified in this regulation.
2) The authority to decide and the right to change in matters not determined in this regulation belong to the Antalya Film Forum.
3) This regulation has come into effect on July 18th 2023, with the approval of the Festival Management.
4) The Antalya Film Forum Management reserves the right to make changes to the regulation as necessary.